Dragonball Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.............Hi

+2
Zetetsu
Nasisorico
6 posters

Go down

.............Hi Empty .............Hi

Post  Nasisorico Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:49 pm

I've gotta see this game first. When I see it, I'll be able to make an idea thread.
Got some new stuff popping, so I'd like to see some stuff from the game. I DON'T wanna see my work wasted for the 6-7 time
KI ATTACKS
CONTROL OF KI
Starter technique
This is the first tech. you need to learn. With this technique, you can activate other techniques. Each level does something different, usually boosting what you get at first, but sometimes adding new things!
Level: 0
No boosts.
Level: 1 Req. (I need a req to follow off of, BP, or a ki stat itself, or level?)
Allows minor control over ki, allowing for powering up a minuscule amount, firing small ki blasts, and hovering a little off the ground. You can't really handle ki without being very tired.

And then, blast will have a tree opened up, where you can increase it's stats, same for PU, Fly. These "mastery points' will allow you to make your own blasts and ki unique.However, Control of Ki is the main booster.

Lets say this
Your training Ki Blast. Now, obviously, practice makes perfect, so you'll get small little "mastery points" for using ki blast a lot. Those mastery points can be put into the techniques stats, such as range, power, and speed(I'm think of the wideness option, but that would just be a little TOO much work for the spriters).Chargability will be a factor, but not for the generic run of the mill ki blast.
Lets take a skill like fly now
These skills won't have these stat trees, and the mastery points will just automatically become mastery. Mastery of flight, for example, would allow you to fly faster, fly farther into the air, and fly longer without running out of energy.
"So what does this mean Nasiso? That COK is all we need for skills? Yep! In terms of ki.........

While training your melee stats, you also have some things that come outta ki and go into your melee capabilities! Such as using ki to enhance a punch. However, not only do you require the correct amount of COK, but also the skill in melee(which means I'll probably have to create a big ass skill list later judging what you can do in combat)!
Big Ass Tree started

REGULAR MELEE
This is the melee you regularly do. It does nothing but build up something called a smash/finisher gauge, that allows you to fire off Finishers and attacks faster than you normally would. This damage can be guarded, and counter'd, but not tele'd

Defense
You still have some options on defense if your getting hit.

COUNTER
Before you get hit, you can set up a counter stance that will stun the opponent if he hits you while your in the stance. Your character flashes golden though, so they can see if they're about to get countered.

GUARD
Simple, you can hold up a guard. Beware though, some attacks can break through a guard, leaving you open

TELEPORT
While an enemy is charging an attack, simply use this and you will teleport behind them, taking away the damage threat

FINISHERS

Stun
A huge punch to the gut that stuns the opponent for a time. The stun factor is judged by the power of the two people. If your more powerful, stun lasts longer. Defense and Strength also play a role in this. This hurts more than the regular melee hit. You don't need any mastery of ki to do this. Full charge takes about 3 seconds, near instantaneous while finisher/smash gauge is fully charged up

Ki Cannon
An attack that blows the opponent back using an invisible wall of ki. The Blow-back factor is also judged by the factors in stun. You need a little mastery of ki to do this. Full charge takes about 2 seconds, breaks through a guard. No time required at all when Finisher/Smash gauge is fully charged.

Rolling Hammer
A technique that presents your opponents back to you, slightly increasing damage by 5% per hit. It always happens if not countered, and you need a moderate mastery of Ki to do this. No time required when Finisher/Smash gauge is charged

Aerial Kick
A few kicks to your opponents head. Nothing special, in that sense. HOWEVER, if this is used after a Ground Slash, you're able to smash your opponent instantly into the air! Only Medium/Small guys can do this.

Power Rush
You gain your aura around you, and run through the person. The person then must try to break away by pressing the guard button rapidly. Only can be used by Big guys.

BODY SIZE
Simple, there are 3 sizes. Big, Medium, and Small. Bigger gets bigger strength and endurance bonuses, while having lesser offense and defense. Small gets the exact opposite
QUESTS
The main thing my head is focusing on right now, but I'll give you a little teaser:
Planet: Vegeta Race: Saiyan
Quest: Hunt for Tuffles!
The Tuffles have amassed an actual offensive against Vegeta. It's your job to finish off these people!
Objective: Kill 20 Tuffles(NPC'S)
Secondary Objective(Does not have to be completed)
Bring a Player Tuffle back with you for questioning.
I'm trying to involve player interaction in here. This is mainly for RP, so, the PvP server/arena/whatever won't have to do this

PLANETS
Races start on different Planets. For more info, go into the Forum RPG
Vegeta
Starting races: Saiyans, Tuffles
Namek
Starting races:Namekian
Earth
Starting Races: Humans, Androids, Bio-Androids
Changling Planet
Starting Races:Changlings

ONE LAST THING!
Classes

Saiyan

Normal
This class Of Saiyans are the average of the two others. They come up equal in every single stat, an extremely balanced race, if you want to go Saiyan

Low Class
Alright, they cannot take on Elites in the beginning, so forget about it. These guys have lower BP then the Elites, so at first they cannot take them on, and they have lower starting stats then elites,except for one, but end up with higher gains for these, thus overtaking them until Elite hit their Final Stat Gain. Then they're pretty much equal. The power of this race at first is always 1, but, they do have one stat higher then the rest, and that's defense. While this ends up being a non factor, it allows them to take some hits, allowing them to run away, increasing their ability to survive an encounter, even when they are born. Now, they have around the same technique mastery as the Elites, it's just that they have better Melee skills than the Elites. Meaning they learn techniques like stun and Ki Cannon faster, but not by much. This come in very handy when it takes a while for you to increase your mastery of melee and learn new skills. Their BP gain also can soon outmatch the elites, it just takes a lot of work. Their Anger is also unmatched, doubling their power when their pushed to the limit. This comes in very handy, especially when your close to one final desperation attack This race can get very disheartening at first, but keep going! Soon, you'll overtake the Elites.

Elite
The Elites are the best Saiyan race in the beginning, bar none. They start out with high Battle Power, and they gain it at a fast rate, though Low-Class can overtake them in the future. They have higher starting stats, but lower gains, putting them at a disadvantage later on. They start anywhere from 1000-1500 Battle Power, but this later is not much of a difference. Elites already have mastery of some advanced techniques, such as super speed, when they are born. Their Ki is about the same as Low-Class, but their melee skills will soon start to falter when faced by the the Low-Classes' superb mastery of skills. Their Anger, however, is not much to look at. They only gain 1/10th of their power when they are angry, putting them at a huge disadvantage later on. This race is good for a beginner race, as it allows you to rule your own Planet without too much trouble.

Namek

Healer
These guys to not have much in the melee department, but they are monsters when it comes to ki control. They gain so much, they can even heal people around them.They don't need much to get when they are born, as they already show advanced mastery in their techniques from birth. These guys are a huge help on the battlefield. Not only can they heal your health up, they can also use their devastating Ki energy to create explosive attacks. These guys are not for the faint of hear t though, as they usually fail when faced with a close up challenge. They have an okay BP gain, but have huge deficiencies in their melee stats. This basically makes one facet of the game a no no to them, and you'll have to stick to your ki for the duration. Not that this is a bad thing, as their ki will always keep you in the game

Fighter
These guys are a pretty balanced race, though they do have on skill just to them: Regeneration. This skill allows you to sacrifice one point of energy for 2 points health. This allows for some good surprises.They start out with good BP, around 500 when they first start. Also, while their stats are average, their Ki is also very good, and their gains for stats nearly are the same for Low Class Saiyans. Their melee skills are also something that's good about them, being able to learn things at a good pace. Their main power, however, is when they reach Super Namek. You have to train yourself until you become one, so no Anger or Powering Up saves you.. This form gives you Full Power Super Saiyan boosts, and increase your gains. These Namekians also don't have much anger, only going up yo 110%.

Human

Fighter
While Humans are not generally Fighters in the beginning, they have the potential to become extremely powerful. At first, while having a mediocre 1 BP to start, their stat gains beat the Low Class Saiyan stat gains, and they also have a good mastery of melee and Ki. This does not mean that Low Class are put at a disadvantage. It is EXTREMELY hard to get BP for this race. Your stats are what will keep you in the game a lot. However, there is a point in training, where after you hit it, your BP gain becomes HUGE, while your stat gains go back to being just a little bit less Then A Low Class Saiyan's. This is called Ascension, and it's the main source of power for humans.

Scientist
These guys just suck at fighting. I'm sorry, but it's true. They have no power when it comes to fighting at all. However, they have brilliant minds, and can make such items that everyone covets, thus making a lot of money. These guys can also build weapons to save them, and sometimes these weapons get so advanced, it actually becomes a problem for other races later on. This is what keeps them in the game. Oh yea, they also can turn themselves or others into Cyborgs. When thus happens, you gain a huge amount of status and BP, but also have insta-suck stat gains. You will be relying entirely on the upgrades that you/the Scientist that built you make. However, the BP and stat gain are more than enough for a Scientist to become somewhere around the power of Android 17. It takes a long time to reach this kind of intelligence, so don't expect to be out there before, say, a newly made SSJ comes to.
Tuffle

Scientist
Read Humans. They also can basically do surgery. They can select a willing Soldier, and implant a virus into him, making him basically a super warrior. This warrior will have more power then the average Saiyan, but there can only be one guy who has had this that is alive. So, make sure you don't waste your super warrior

Soldier
These guys aren't powerful by nature, they just are good at handling technology. They are able to increase a weapons usefulness greatly, and can even specialize in some weapons. Once again, these guys are not meant for close combat, but have skills(Like Zanzoken) to make them okay in it. Also, they have a good mastery of ki, allowing them to get away with a blast or two. Bottom line: you'll find these guys enjoyable, if you're the type of person who likes shooting people in a more conventional way. Just don't expect to do anything with their BP, which starts at about 300. They have bad gains except for speed, ki, and melee skills.

Changling

Koola
These guys, Like Normal Saiyans. Are the middle men when it comes to their stats. However, they do get two advantages: The ability to charge Ki faster, and the ability to have one more transformation. They start off with about 20K BP

Frieza
Thee guys are absolute attack demons. They don't have much for defense though, so that's something that can be used against them. They gained increase stats in strength, offense, and speed, but have lower stats in everything else. This also applies for their stat gains. Their Ki gains are not so good, and they take a long time to charge their attacks. Their melee, once again, makes up for it, being on par with A Low Class. They have 3 transformations, like Freiza did in the show. These power ups only add though, they don't power up by a multiplier, only adding by a set amount, thus being outclassed in the end. They start out with 10-15K BP

King Cold
Unlike Freiza, these guys are absolute defensive monsters, with a little strength mixed in. They get a huge boost to Endurance, and a lesser boost to Strength and Defense. Their melee skills are also good, along with their ki being average. They only get one transformation, but they make up for it with faster power gains. Their other stats are the same like Freiza's though, weak. They start out with around 30K BP

Android

Cyborg
This really isn't a "class", per se. They are only available if you have a techie make you one. They get huge boosts to their stats and BP, but their gains suck, and are reliant totally on the person who created them, since that person is the only one who can upgrade them. If something happens to that person, such as death, they are no longer upgradable. They don't run out of energy, but that doesn't mean that they can lose power. If exposed to battle for a long time, they can malfunction, needing repairs. Once again, if no one is there to repair them, they lose all of their ability to fight, as the malfunction gets worse and worse, until it finally shuts down their system. Then, they die, and they become whatever race they were, with a deduction to their stats and Bp. They lose all upgrades, and skills they had learned, but get their gains back(This is where scientists shine. They can repair themselves, therefore, there's hardly any risk!).

Android
These guys are pretty much like lesser Cyborgs, except they have more time to develop, thus making them on par with Cyborgs when Cyborgs first come out. These guys don not have unlimited energy though, thus, they need to suck the energy out of various players, NPC's, etc.

Bio-Android
These guys are the real powerhouses when they are able to be unlocked. This is one thing I like to call a "Rare Race", thus there needs to be special requirements made for them t o even be able to be selected. First, their needs to be two Super Saiyans, and one Super Namek. Two, there must be no other living Bio-Androids. After these reqs are met, you start. You start with some pretty kickass stats, and around 1 Mil BP. You will find it VERY easy to gain stats, as well as BP. You can also absorb people. The thing is, there are certain limits to how much you can absorb. Go over that limit, and you transform into another stage!They also have good ki and melee skills. This is a race driven by power, but you'll need to be careful at first. If you meet a Super Saiyan when you first create, your screwed.
Nasisorico
Nasisorico

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Character sheet
Name: Hatigashi
Race: Saiya-Jin
Powerlevel: 40000/400000

Back to top Go down

.............Hi Empty Re: .............Hi

Post  Zetetsu Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:15 pm

Nasiso YOUR BACK!!!! Happy Goku Also nice Pre-Game Idea Thread its awesome.
Zetetsu
Zetetsu

Number of posts : 227
Ingame Name : Zetetsu Nirozu
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Character sheet
Name: Zetetsu Nirozu
Powerlevel: 60000/130000

Back to top Go down

Post  Abyss Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:29 pm

Hey, welcome back, awesome Ideas, but your whole battle system is sooo hard. I had an idea like that but waay smaller and someone who programs for a living and is really good (duh) said this was really hard. And would cost us around $300. So this will be expensive.. But I will look into this and try to add as much as I can. Since i do like your ideas
Abyss
Abyss
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2107
Ingame Name : Abyss
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Character sheet
Name: Abyss
Powerlevel: 23,000

https://db-universe.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Tharsten Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:45 am

Hey Nasiso, welcome back.
As far as I know, we never "wasted" your work.
About your ideas, some will be added or are already added, but do not expect everything to be like you suggested, since some ideas are to hard to do, or we just do not like them.
But you should understand many of these things are very hard to do, even for professional programmers.

Thanks for contributing though.
Tharsten
Tharsten
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 385
Ingame Name : Tharsten
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Tharsten
Race: Tuffle
Powerlevel: 10/3,500

http://www.db-universe.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasisorico Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:31 am

Eh? Did I say something along the lines of you wasting my work? Cause if I did, I migh've been having one of those crappeh days. Tell me if Im not getting this though
Nasisorico
Nasisorico

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Tharsten Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:38 am

I DON'T wanna see my work wasted for the 6-7 time

I might have gotten this wrong though. Anyway it doesnt matter, glad you are back. Wink
Tharsten
Tharsten
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasisorico Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:32 am

Oh, that!
I meant it like:"Plz, give me a heads up when your about to wipe the forum, I hate rewriting stuff."
This ODB, and how many lines of ideas I wrote
Then you start thinking, "Ugh, AGAIN?!"
Thankfully, I saved my stuff this time
Nasisorico
Nasisorico

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Vegeta Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:44 pm

You have awesome Ideas nasiso! But sooooooooo hard to program! You ever tried to program yourself?

Vegeta

Number of posts : 292

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasisorico Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:20 pm

No. I want to learn, but I never really got into it. I just need some motivation. I also kind of have to get out of the "I can make a kickass game in only a week!" Kind of thing. As soon as I learn to take my steps, I'll do better.
Plus, I just hate coding. I read a piece of code and it just disheartens me
Nasisorico
Nasisorico

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Zetetsu Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:31 am

Uhh, Nasiso I don't get this. They say it's hard at coding. But on Byond Tens coded all of this easily, also people say Tens is a horrible coder. He gets bugs in the systems but he fixes them later on.
Zetetsu
Zetetsu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Abyss Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:58 pm

Ok, some differences: Byond uses a whole other language, with language I mean programming language, I never looked into it but as far as I know its their own language and they offer alot of support, plus, Byond has a shitload of tutorials for DBZ features and uses a whole other fighting system as base. Were programming in vb6 and Microsoft stopped supporting it and there arent alot of tutorials for it, let alone tutorials that we can use in a dbz game. I looked around at those forums and there are tons of tutorials, and alot of them can be easily tweaked to fit a DBZ game.

And to return to the battle system, Byond already makes use of things as lifting weights and KO and all other things. This engine only uses ctrl for attacking and thats it.

But if you want I can start something up in the forums where I can learn you a little bit about programming and then you will also understand how it works and know what we have to do, to just add something as simple as a new window.
Abyss
Abyss
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasisorico Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:53 pm

I understand that what I say is hard. Not just hard, exceedingly hard. I will not care much if not everything is added in. However, if one or two things I had are added in, I consider it a success.
And you never know when you might be moving to a different kind of programing tool, Abyss. these ideas could very well be possible in another.
I also understand what it takes to make even the slightest tasks. It isn't easy. Therefore, I'm not asking you to do it. I'm just laying out ideas that you could use.
Nasisorico
Nasisorico

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Tharsten Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:20 pm

Moving to another programming tool? I dont think so, we will loose all our current features. Besides, I dont know C++ (wich I believe is the programming language Byond uses) and we do have alot features Byond games do not have. With that, there are ALOT of DBZ Byond games, and many of them have the same features. And I just dont like how the whole Byond thing is done.
Tharsten
Tharsten
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Abyss Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:41 pm

Yeah what Tharsten says, and I know, and I will try to add as much as possible, but Im also trying to be fair, and let you know when it probably wont be in. I dont want to act like a certain person who told me thousands of times a feature was going to be added but was never added. And I really like your ideas.

Now for the different programming tool, we have a awesome engine now and of course, we can switch to Byond, have alot more DBZ-ish features, but we will have the sucky graphics, the major lag and the same features as all other games.

Which sucks
Abyss
Abyss
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Zetetsu Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:28 am

I didn't say switch the Engine. But the features Tens put in it was the first kind of features for the game, so there were no tutorials. But I know its different but shouldn't you be able to code it also, just differently.
Zetetsu
Zetetsu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazaki Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:05 am

Yeah, this is straight DBF (Dragon Ball Finale)
Cazaki
Cazaki

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Character sheet
Name: Cazaki Tsukenshi
Race: Human
Powerlevel: 150

Back to top Go down

Post  Tharsten Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:19 pm

We dont want to copy other games features, but we want to have our own unique features.
Tharsten
Tharsten
Admin
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Vegeta Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:13 pm

But some of this IS cool

Vegeta

Number of posts : 292

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasisorico Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:24 am

I'm thinking about starting a 2.0 version of this thread cause let's face it, a good portion of this stuff is from DBF, and I want to change that
Nasisorico
Nasisorico

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content