Dragonball Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new game After this

+5
Vegan
Zetetsu
azharuddin
AnarchoElk
Barson
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A new game After this Empty A new game After this

Post  Barson Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:08 pm

why do u try to make another game from toei animation like digimon its a big hit and lots battles and quest or naruto or some kinda of animation game u disid
Barson
Barson

Number of posts : 179
Ingame Name : Barson
Level : 1,300,200,100
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Character sheet
Name: Barson
Race: Saiya-Jin
Powerlevel: 1,300,200,100

http://barson.webs.com

Back to top Go down

A new game After this Empty Re: A new game After this

Post  AnarchoElk Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:57 pm

I disagree. There is already an official Digimon MMO out in Korea, and Naruto is just Dragonball with Ninjas.
AnarchoElk
AnarchoElk

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Powerlevel: 0

Back to top Go down

Post  azharuddin Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:06 pm

No We need to concentrate on this current mmo only
azharuddin
azharuddin

Number of posts : 255
Location : 00D059F59C16 cmreg-ntlhm120-bas.cm 00:D0:59:F2:71:CE cmreg-ntlhm120-bas.cm
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Zetetsu Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:32 pm

AnarchoElk wrote:I disagree. There is already an official Digimon MMO out in Korea, and Naruto is just Dragonball with Ninjas.

Elk Naruto is not even close to Dragonball Z, I'm sorry, I really hate when people say that. Ki is visible when they use it, while the chakra is not. Also if it was, I serioiusly believe Akira would've sued the maker of Naruto. Ki uses an energy with no background on how to harness it, while chakra they have to train their body and mind to harness it. Also the attacks like ki attacks for DBZ they are the same attribute, while for Naruto the jutsus are different elements, able to activate kekkai genkai, and etc. But there is a huge difference between DBZ and Naruto and is totally different.
Zetetsu
Zetetsu

Number of posts : 227
Ingame Name : Zetetsu Nirozu
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Character sheet
Name: Zetetsu Nirozu
Powerlevel: 60000/130000

Back to top Go down

Post  AnarchoElk Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:13 pm

Totally completely different.

Except all those are little detailes changed from an overwhelmingly similar story and set of characters.
Kishimoto has even admitted Dragonball "inspired" him.
Naruto is Goku
Sasuke is Vegeta
Jiraiya is Roshi
Yondaime is Bardock

The similarities are astounding. And even the story pacing is similar. There is an enemy, Naruto/Goku are not strong enough, they train and/or learn a new technique to defeat the enemy. Rinse, repeat. Mind you, there IS more of a cohesive storyline to Naruto than DBZ, and there is more drama, but that comes with the evolution of the genre.

Everything you said was different was superficial. the flashy colours on top of the product as a whole, which is basically the same for both.
AnarchoElk
AnarchoElk

Character sheet
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vegan Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:25 pm

Elk have right. Kishimoto when was yong read dbz manga he was a fan and when he read it , he thinking about own manga. If dbz wasn't created i think naruto too.
Vegan
Vegan
Spriter
Spriter

Number of posts : 366
Ingame Name : Vegan
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Character sheet
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Zetetsu Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:29 pm

AnarchoElk wrote:Totally completely different.

Except all those are little detailes changed from an overwhelmingly similar story and set of characters.
Kishimoto has even admitted Dragonball "inspired" him.
Naruto is Goku
Sasuke is Vegeta
Jiraiya is Roshi
Yondaime is Bardock

The similarities are astounding. And even the story pacing is similar. There is an enemy, Naruto/Goku are not strong enough, they train and/or learn a new technique to defeat the enemy. Rinse, repeat. Mind you, there IS more of a cohesive storyline to Naruto than DBZ, and there is more drama, but that comes with the evolution of the genre.

Everything you said was different was superficial. the flashy colours on top of the product as a whole, which is basically the same for both.

Dude, Naruto is nothing like Goku, does Goku have a demon within him I really doubt it. Naruto is Human, while Goku is saiyan, and Goku was stronger than most humans like twice his size, and age. Naruto wasn't able to beat Sasuke at all at the beginning. Goku was a kid when he first came out and didn't have a rival. Also SSJ gives no drawbacks on it, while Nine Tailed hurts Naruto while in it longer and longer.

Did Sasuke want to beat Naruto and he did, No he wanted to kill Itachi and he did, now he wants to destroy Konoha. Vegeta is also saiyan like Goku, and I doubt he is almost emo like Sasuke. Vegeta wants to beat Goku, while Sasuke wants to beat Itachi and does it.

Does Roshi beat anyone in DBZ no because he is weak. Jiraiya is a Sannin one of the strongest ninjas in the show, but now is dead. And when he was 50 was still able to match the Akatsuki.

Yondaime or his real name Minato was a leader of Konoha, and also sacrificed himself to save it and he did. Bardock wanted to change Kakarot's future, and did by facing Frieza and he died.

Also with all these similarities does all the other characters have anything in common. Like Sakura, and Kakashi, Tsunade, all other Chunnin/Jounnin (In Shippuden) like Neji, Hinata, Lee, Ten Ten, Kiba, Shino, Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji. Like I said it might have similarites but they aren't alike. How about one piece, that show is similar Luffy is a weak little kid, until he gains the power of the forbidden fruit is able to stretch his limbs to beat people. Than also Beyblade must be like Tyson=Goku, and Kai=Vegeta, I really doubt it. Also if you look it up Kishimoto made his work by looking at many other Shonen Jump Mangas, not just DBZ.
Zetetsu
Zetetsu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Vegan Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:09 pm

I don't read all what you write but see a character Goku is funny Naruto is Funny , Vegeta is alone Saske is alone , and other thinks Goku like eat Naruto too
Vegan
Vegan
Spriter
Spriter

Number of posts : 366
Ingame Name : Vegan

Character sheet
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Serak Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:40 pm

XD

Really, now? Naruto ISN'T just DBZ with different people. My ass. If Naruto isn't DBZ for the 21st century, then I'm a rattle snake.

Wikipedia wrote:Other manga artists, such as Naruto creator Masashi Kishimoto and One Piece creator Eiichiro Oda, have stated that Goku inspired their series' main protagonists.[58][59]

I wonder who the main protagonist of Naruto is? Hrrrmmm...tough one.

Naruto is Human, while Goku is saiyan, and Goku was stronger than most humans like twice his size, and age. Naruto wasn't able to beat Sasuke at all at the beginning. Goku was a kid when he first came out and didn't have a rival. Also SSJ gives no drawbacks on it, while Nine Tailed hurts Naruto while in it longer and longer.

Their race is irrelevant in the context of character-type. Any idiot knows this. Also, if you think about it in these terms: DB=Naruto DBZ=Naruto Shippudden and DBGT=Next horrible Naruto series, then everything fits perfectly.

And as for Chakra and Ki thing...Chakra is definitely visible. Or are all those flashes I see in Naruto clips like Kakashi's Chidori, or Naruto's...whatever the heck he calls it all simply editor mistakes? Oh! And that aura around Naruto when becoming the nine-tailed fox thing must be a mistake too!

As for Ki, they do have to learn to control it. And it does involve training the body and mind, hence why Videl picked up on it so quickly because she was a martial artist.

As for SSJVDemonNarutoLoser, SSJ drains energy UNLESS you've attained the "Full Power SSJ" transformation that Goku and Gohan mastered, in which you can maintain your Super Saiyan form with little to no effort.
Serak
Serak

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Zetetsu Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:11 am

I meant hurt by hurting the body permanently is what happens to Naruto. For SSJ it does drain energy, but can get it back easilty. If you haven't read or watched you wouldn't know, also if you read or watch Naruto they state regular Chakra is invisible to the human eye. Only in some cases are like Rasengan, Chidori/Raikiri(Lightning Blade), and they also say the Nine Tailed Fox's Chakra was visible. Because everyone is suprised seeing that they can see the chakra of rasengan and Chidori, but people know the Fox's chakra is so strong it is visible, that is why Rasengan and Chidori are visible because they are powered up chakra in a condensed form. Please state things after you watch/read the things more carefully.

Naruto is nothing like DB, Vegeta isn't in DB hmm so who is Goku's Rival. In Naruto Sasuke is in there and it is Naruto's Rival, but Sasuke only wants to beat Itachi.

Vegeta isn't alone he acts tough that is all, he has a son, daughter, and wife why would he be alone. He is saiyan that is why he acts so tough.

Naruto doesn't eat a lot, he just likes Ramen so much only thing he thinks about. Goku will eat anything, just like Luffy will so they are the same yes in some ways.

Also I'm pretty sure Akira Toriyama didn't just make up DB/Z out of nowhere. He was probably inspired by something else also, so you can't say DB/Z is original. Nothing is Original then if you say that. A pen is just an ink form of a Pencil. Akira got his inspriration from Chinese Folklore, so what's this its not original its just like Naruto and One Piece oh No! I'm not trying to bash DBZ I'm trying to prove there are differences between it and Naruto, and its not a knockoff. It has its own originality, so they both originate from the same thing if Naruto got it from DBZ, they got it from Chinese Folklore. I like both Naruto and DBZ, and they both have their own originality in ways and some ways are the same I don't care, I still see them as totally different things.
Zetetsu
Zetetsu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  AnarchoElk Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:26 am

Zetetsu wrote:Dude, Naruto is nothing like Goku, does Goku have a demon within him I really doubt it. Naruto is Human, while Goku is saiyan, and Goku was stronger than most humans like twice his size, and age. Naruto wasn't able to beat Sasuke at all at the beginning. Goku was a kid when he first came out and didn't have a rival. Also SSJ gives no drawbacks on it, while Nine Tailed hurts Naruto while in it longer and longer.

Did Sasuke want to beat Naruto and he did, No he wanted to kill Itachi and he did, now he wants to destroy Konoha. Vegeta is also saiyan like Goku, and I doubt he is almost emo like Sasuke. Vegeta wants to beat Goku, while Sasuke wants to beat Itachi and does it.

Does Roshi beat anyone in DBZ no because he is weak. Jiraiya is a Sannin one of the strongest ninjas in the show, but now is dead. And when he was 50 was still able to match the Akatsuki.

Yondaime or his real name Minato was a leader of Konoha, and also sacrificed himself to save it and he did. Bardock wanted to change Kakarot's future, and did by facing Frieza and he died.

Also with all these similarities does all the other characters have anything in common. Like Sakura, and Kakashi, Tsunade, all other Chunnin/Jounnin (In Shippuden) like Neji, Hinata, Lee, Ten Ten, Kiba, Shino, Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji. Like I said it might have similarites but they aren't alike. How about one piece, that show is similar Luffy is a weak little kid, until he gains the power of the forbidden fruit is able to stretch his limbs to beat people. Than also Beyblade must be like Tyson=Goku, and Kai=Vegeta, I really doubt it. Also if you look it up Kishimoto made his work by looking at many other Shonen Jump Mangas, not just DBZ.
Goku did have a "demon" in him, and it killed his grandfather.

Sasuke and Naruto are eternal rivals just like Vegeta and Goku, regardless of if Sasuke's goal was killing Itachi. Vegeta and Goku weren't always at eachothers throat, even if Vegeta thought he wanted to be.

Roshi and Jiraiya were both the perverted teacher. And Roshi WAS strong in the beginning.

You're just being silly now, One Piece is a completely different story, so is Beyblade.

I don't think you are understanding. You are looking at all the little insignificant things. Dragonball is an action fighting manga. So is Naruto. One Piece is an Action Adventure Manga. Beyblade is a spinning top anime. I don't know if there is a beyblade manga or not...

I'm not saying Naruto is bad, I keep up with the scans. But it is very much Dragonball.

Eiichiro Oda's favorite manga is Dragonball. However, One Piece takes very little from it. The influence Luffy has taken from Goku is his upbeat spirit and unwillingness to give up. That's basically the only thing taken from Dragonball in One Piece.
AnarchoElk
AnarchoElk

Character sheet
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Zetetsu Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:20 am

I never said the stories were the same. I said the characters are the same, the genre can be totally different. Also Naruto has Drama in it sometimes. How am I being silly I didn't say One Piece derived from DBZ, Serak did. Now they are different also, Im not just looking at the insignificant things, I'm looking at the whole picture. You are just focusing on the characters themselves and the attacks they do. Think outside the box, and look at the whole things instead of just a couple of things a like.

So you are pretty much saying Soccer is just like Basketball. In Basketball you can't use your feet, and you try to score a basket. While in soccer can't use hands unless Goalie, and try to score a goal. Many sports are alike in many ways but they still have their own originality in other ways. You are saying many things that people see as different but in a lot of ways they are the same, and saying they are original. Like a Pen and Pencil both writing tools, just one with ink and the other graphite. They are different in ways and same in ways but people consider them different all the time. Like someone asks for a Pen but you give a pencil and can't use a pen. You are just saying they are the same all the time than. But using Checks you want to write with Pen not pencil.
Zetetsu
Zetetsu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikamaru Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:50 am

Both are unique.

Like dragonball z is a lot of fighting which i like, and the way how it's put together,

While naruto focusses more on the story and explaining of things. I love the way they explain and tell about Chakra. Makes it almost look real.

BUT ofc there are some links.

Nine-tailed fox power is EXACTLY like Kaioken (you only thought about super saiyan)

Let me say:

-Nine-tailed power drains health/power. (It does give u more chakra).
-Kaioken puts a big strain on the body and exhausts you. in super saiyan it would even kill you. (But hey it does give u more power, and as powerlevel is like KI it's the same as Nine-tailed power for chakra tho).

-Nine-tailed power is red/pink like-ish glow.
-Same for kaioken.

-both aura-like and visible.

So they are unique, yet with a vew links here and then, aint that cool?
If you love fighting u watch dbz, if u love drama & story's u watch naruto, if u like both u watch both...

Don't u agree?

A new game After this 117132013262.253.128.13
A new game After this KaioKen
Peace out.
Shikamaru
Shikamaru

Number of posts : 1107
Ingame Name : Boroden

Character sheet
Name: Boroden Uziraios
Race: Human
Powerlevel: 6000 / 10000

https://db-universe.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  AnarchoElk Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:41 pm

Zetetsu You yourself said "what about one piece"

Also, your analogy to soccer and basketball is fallacious. A more proper analogy would be American football and rugby. They are different, but are heavily the same.

And no, I'm NOT just focussing on the characters, though the characters are a major part of it. You are just being ignorant of what I'm saying, and if that's the case, no wonder you are still arguing.

If you're unwilling to listen, I'm not going to hold your hand and walk you through the obvious.
AnarchoElk
AnarchoElk

Character sheet
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  ssgohanf8 Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:28 pm

Whoa, whoa, whoa Elk. Let's please try to avoid saying anything like 'ignorant'. It will only start rampages. I'm enjoying seeing a debate between a big argument in the anime community between two intellectual people, but let's not get carried away... please...
ssgohanf8
ssgohanf8

Number of posts : 878
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Character sheet
Name: Quantar
Powerlevel: 3000/4500

Back to top Go down

Post  Zetetsu Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:32 pm

Shikamaru I said the Nine-Tailed Fox Transformation permanently damages Naruto's body and it does. The chakra hurts him like an acid but it also heals him at the same time. Also you are just talking about the characters like analogies between other characters. I hate starting arguments like you are I was saying that Naruto has similarities and many differences making it unique. So it is me telling you people saying it is not its own unique show.

I am reading everything and please I was just trying to prove that Naruto has its originality, not trying to bash anyone but it seems you can't hold back on bashing someone. For Serak way back up on the topic. DBZ was out in the 21st Century, duhh, so umm you can't say Naruto is the DBZ of the 21st Century if they both were out on anime then. Well for me that is, for english version things, since they needed to translate. So DBZ wasn't a 20th century thing for me, so you can't say that since it doesn't apply to everyone.
Zetetsu
Zetetsu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikamaru Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:35 pm

I am not even starting an argument as i simply care shit, just showing my own point of view

ty.
Shikamaru
Shikamaru

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Zetetsu Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:58 pm

You know he was talking about Elk right Shik?
Zetetsu
Zetetsu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  AnarchoElk Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:21 pm

ssgohanf8 wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa Elk. Let's please try to avoid saying anything like 'ignorant'. It will only start rampages. I'm enjoying seeing a debate between a big argument in the anime community between two intellectual people, but let's not get carried away... please...

I'm sorry, but saying ignorant is my way of being nice. There really IS no negative to the term ignorance.
I'm ignorant about plenty of things.

Ignorance just means you do not know something.
Stupidity is when you struggle against knowing something for whatever reason.

Zetetsu wrote: So DBZ wasn't a 20th century thing for me, so you can't say that since it doesn't apply to everyone.
No I'm sorry, that does not work. We do not judge the age of something by when you saw it. Dragonball is purely a 20th century thing. By your standards, if I discovered the joys of Shakespeare tomorrow, Romeo and Juliet would be a 21st century thing.

You date things by their creation. So you would date Dragonball at the day Akira Toriyama finished chapter one of the manga. OR even earlier, you could date it back to his first Dragonball name.

If I come off rude, it is only in defense of the facts. I really dislike it when others mislead people, even unintentionally, though when it comes to unintentional misleading, I blame the wrong information, not the person. Even I unintentionally mislead people sometimes. We're only as reliable as the information we're given.
AnarchoElk
AnarchoElk

Character sheet
Name:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Swordman Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:26 pm

Omg...everyone shut the hell up...Naruto is gay...end of topic...XD

Last edited by Swordman on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swordman
Swordman

Number of posts : 425
Ingame Name : Swordman
Level :
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Character sheet
Name: Swordman
Powerlevel:

Back to top Go down

Post  ssgohanf8 Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:27 pm

But the term ignorant can be a mis-leading term in some cases and I just hope for no war-fare, but I would personly love to see the debate continue, because I have free time and the points are rather interresting.
ssgohanf8
ssgohanf8

Number of posts : 878
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Character sheet
Name: Quantar
Powerlevel: 3000/4500

Back to top Go down

Post  Barson Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:17 pm

Swordman wrote:Omg...everyone shut the hell up...Naruto i gay...end of topic...XD
usaid u were gay lol
Barson
Barson

Number of posts : 179
Ingame Name : Barson
Level : 1,300,200,100
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Character sheet
Name: Barson
Powerlevel: 1,300,200,100

http://barson.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Swordman Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:30 pm

Razz Nope
Swordman
Swordman

Number of posts : 425
Ingame Name : Swordman
Level :
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Character sheet
Name: Swordman
Powerlevel:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikamaru Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:51 pm

Zetetsu wrote:Shikamaru I said the Nine-Tailed Fox Transformation permanently damages Naruto's body and it does. The chakra hurts him like an acid but it also heals him at the same time. Also you are just talking about the characters like analogies between other characters. I hate starting arguments like you are I was saying that Naruto has similarities and many differences making it unique. So it is me telling you people saying it is not its own unique show.

And im saying to you, i am not starting an argument, just giving my opinion.

Ty.
Shikamaru
Shikamaru

Character sheet

Back to top Go down